Saturday, August 10, 2013

Recipe Remix: Low Fat Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

A few days ago I posted a recipe for my Low Fat Lemon Chocolate Chip Cake Bars and they are a delicious combination of yellow cake and semi sweet chocolate chips topped with a refreshing fresh lemon glaze.  And they are GOOD!  Well, if you are a chocolate lover, hold on to your hats.  I remixed the recipe for the chocoholics!  These are chocolate and nothing but chocolate and are topped with a vanilla glaze...perfection!  And still low fat...woot!  Bake a batch today, you will thank me. Enjoy!

To make the bars, substitute the yellow cake mix and vanilla sugar free pudding in my original recipe with your favorite chocolate cake mix and chocolate sugar free pudding.  All other ingredients and directions stay the same.  To make the vanilla glaze use a cup of powdered sugar, two teaspoons of vanilla extract and enough drops of milk (I use almond milk) to get the right consistency and whisk it up.  After I pour the glaze on the cooled bars, I chill them in the refrigerator to set the glaze.



No comments:

Post a Comment