Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Something New: Ipsy Glam Bag

Have you ever wondered about those monthly subscription beauty boxes that are all the rage right now? I know I did. For the price of less than two lattes a month, you can have a goodie box sent right to your door filled with skincare, hair care and makeup products. I just started my own subscription to the Ipsy Glam Bag. Why Glam Bag? There are a couple of reasons why I decided on this service. First, no "packet" samples. I really do not care for those rip open packet samples that you can usually get for free at stores like Ulta and Sephora. Packets usually contain only one use of a product and that just isn't enough try out time for me to know if I like something. Ipsy sends generous sized samples and some full sized products as well. Second, Ipsy notifies their subscribers by email that their bags have shipped and they provide a tracking number so you always know where your package is during the shipping process. How great is that? And last but not least, Ipsy has a great online presence with an interactive website full of other makeup crazy Ipsy subscribers...fun stuff! When on chemo treatments, a fun surprise every month is sometimes the best medicine.

Can we talk about the shipping package?  How glam is this?  A foiled hot pink bubble wrap shipping envelope contains all of your monthly goodies.  This month's bag was called Beach Beauty and contained five different products.  Let's get a closer look at the goods, shall we? 
Benefit is a name most of us makeup mavens know and the Benetint has a cult following. This beautiful rose tint can be used to add a glow to the cheeks or to amp up your pout when applied to the lips. A little goes a long way so this .08 fl. oz. size is a very generous sample. Love!
Coola is a brand that is getting quite a bit of buzz these days with their line of organic sun care products. This is the Coola Mineral Sunscreen in Rose Essence. This lightweight tinted lotion has an SPF of 20 and a pleasant light rose fragrance. Best of all, the list of ingredients is short and there is nothing that you can't pronounce. This is a .23 fl oz size tube. Love!
Who doesn't love full sized products? This is the Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt from Pop Beauty. I love the new chubby stick lip products and this one has a creamy formula with a real pop of color. The formula is smooth and there is a nice minty scent. The product is a twist up which I really love in lip stains.
Now this is a sample! Three eye shadows from the California Collection by BH Cosmetics. The cardboard packaging is adorable and reminds me of Benefit style packaging. These are three nicely sized shadow samples that are very silky and not chalky. I swatched them on my hand and they didn't seem super pigmented but I will try them with shadow base and see how they perform. The San Francisco and Malibu shades are right up my alley but the purple toned Hollywood shade I will probably use to line my lower lash line. All in all, a really nice product.
Last item in this month's bag was a really generous sized sample from Healthy, Sexy, Hair. This is 1.7 fl oz of Soy Renewal Beach Spray with argan oil. The description says it is a beach look conditioning and texturizing spray. The product has a pleasing light fragrance and was packaged in its own separate baggy in case it leaked...way to go Ipsy. Unfortunately, this is my least favorite product in the bag but only because I don't have hair right now. I do plan on saving all the hair care samples I get in a basket under my sink for when my hair grows back. It will be fun to have an arsenal of new products just waiting for to try. 

In addition to the beauty products, Ipsy packages everything in a signature makeup bag each month. This month's bag was a clear plastic cylinder shaped bag in a super bright pink color. This bag will be the perfect size to hold smaller items like lip products, mascaras or makeup brushes. I love makeup bags.

I can say that I am perfectly satisfied with this month's Glam Bag and I cannot wait for next month's bag to arrive. Would you like to start your own Glam Bag monthly subscription? When you visit the Ipsy website to sign up, you will be asked to complete a beauty profile that will help Ipsy fill your bags with products that have your taste and style in mind. You can change your beauty profile at any time. Click here--->IPSY GLAM BAG to get started! 


5 comments:

  1. I love Ipsy!

    Instead of the Benetint, I received a roll-on perfume with a nice summery smell from Demeter. And instead of the beach spray, I got a small can of weather/humidity proof hairspray from big sexy hair. Fun to see what others get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is fun to see what others have in their bags. All the product are so nice but I don't get toooo jealous when I hear what others get. LOL :)

      Delete
  2. I just signed up. $10 a month and free shipping? You cannot beat that. There's a waitlist though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry too much about the waitlist. I was waitlisted after I signed up in June but the June bags had already shipped. I was in when the July bags were ready. I am sure you will be up and running for an August bag. Please let me know what you think when you get your bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You talked me into it! But yes, I'm waitlisted but that's okay....I used your link.

    ReplyDelete